Thursday, February 7, 2013

Yummy Delivery!

This was delivered to our house this afternoon.  A box of chocolate covered strawberries.  Did I mention they were giant chocolate strawberries? Oh, man...they are tasty!! Bob was 'house sitting' and this was our 'thank you'! Thank YOU, Rita and Kurt for the Shari's Berries.

I finally came up with a plan for my little tapestries.  You might recall that I hung them on the back splash in the kitchen but wasn't too thrilled with the location.
So I eliminated the clutter of the phone, etc. (which I have wanted to do FOREVER) and threw in a platter, books, and lamp and ...VOILA! Much better...totally frivolous, but so what?
I've also tried to incorporate some pieces in our home that belong to my mom.  We have recently had to move her to a care facility and most of what she had at her old place couldn't go with her.  And I just couldn't "Goodwill" it.  So I rearranged...again.  There is still a pile or two that needs to be dealt with, but at least her 'stuff' is in a familiar place for now.
Above is her little roll-top desk. It seems to be just made for this spot. The lamp and chair are hers also.  Her rhododendron  is sunning itself on the back porch. I put several of her little nick nacky things on my baker's rack. Including a bust of a child reading, a figurine of an old lady with balloons ( that my mom made many years ago), and several framed photos.
I really wish she could have stayed where she was, but that wasn't working well for her.  I know she's not happy where she's at, but I also know she would not be happy anyplace these days. Her memory is failing her and it is very sad to have to see these things.

4 comments:

princessquiltandknitalot said...

Everything looks beautiful! I hope your mom is adjusting well.

princessquiltandknitalot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
princessquiltandknitalot said...

Somehow my comment went in as a duplicate.

princessquiltandknitalot said...

Everything looks beautiful! I hope your mom is adjusting well.