Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Here's our Valentine's Day supper.  I prepared beef tenderloin with Merlot cream sauce, roasted asparagus, baked potato and pickled beets. Pretty darn good, if I do say so myself! Just about everything was purchased at Costco...our new favorite store!
Granted, we have to buy in larger quantities, but things are usually packaged so they are easily stored. And its always an adventure to go shopping there.  Always new products to explore and lots of free food samples to try!
P.S. I was going to make Sally J.'s chocolate sauce, but ran out of time.  Soon...

Bob and I also visited my mother yesterday.  She seems to be adjusting quite well to her new surroundings...YEAH!!  No complaints or questions about where she was at or why.  A HUGE 'thank you' to the staff at Windmill Manor!
We took Cooper with us to Windmill, yesterday. We had purchased a Thundershirt  for him and wanted to give it a try.  I had seen You Tube video of dogs wearing this and remaining calm when they would normally have been going crazy.  He was fine at Windmill Manor, but Bob held him the whole time anyway, so not really a good test.  But, in the car on the way over, he was his usual sniveling self, so I felt this product wasn't for us. Also, when we got home, Bob went into the house with Cooper and I rang our front doorbell...the true test!  Cooper went bonkers, as usual.  Back to Petco with the Thundershirt!

1 comment:

princessquiltandknitalot said...

I've been thinking of the thunder shirt for Wrigley not sure now? You crack me up with the sniveling comment, ha, thanks for the chuckle.