Monday, February 11, 2013

New Little Quilt Project

I made this adorable little quilt this last weekend.  The pattern is by Jeri Kelly . I purchased the pattern at a quilt shop in Le Claire, Iowa. I wasn't too excited about the choice of fabrics so I got these from Common Threads Quilt Shoppe in N. Liberty. Also, the pattern leaves the edges of the rabbit, flowers, etc, raw.   So I added a lovely satin stitch.  All set for Easter, I guess.

I also bought a kit from the Le Claire shop.  This was also by Jeri Kelly. It was also a small quilt, but for Valentines Day.  So yesterday I put the kit together.  Unfortunately, when I used the iron to adhere the design onto the background, I SCORCHED THE PIECE!!!  Damn that iron!!
I thought about 'tea dying' the piece, but I decided to just leave it for a day or two...OR FOREVER! We'll see
I have one pattern left from Jeri Kelly.  It is for a table runner.  I have to chose the fabric for this one.  Hope I don't scorch it.


1 comment:

Sally J said...

Oh No! I hate when that happens. I love the bunny though. I also loved the sweet picture of your mom.
Sally