Sunday, February 17, 2013

Finished!

Well, I finished the small quilt that I scorched the other day. I realize this picture doesn't really show it too well, but I added a small satin stitch around all the vines and hearts, etc.  The biggest pain was stitching around the little circles in the heart. And somehow, the scorch just looks 'old'....go figure.

Today was a busy day around here. I guess it started yesterday.  Bob FINALLY put in the new toilet in the basement (taller, for all us old geezers).  Unfortunately, there was a tiny leak.  So he took it off and got a different one from Menards. Today, he put on the new tank, and, low and behold, ANOTHER LEAK.! So, he will return it tomorrow and the guy at Menards said he would check the next tank before Bob picks it up. Hope so...

While he was busy doing that, I was working on putting a sleeve on the quilt my grandmother made.  In the picture below, I have the ends folded in so it would fit in the quilt holder.
So this afternoon I made a sleeve and added it to the quilt so I could hang it with the Hang It Dang It.  
It worked, but only after I cut the sleeve in the middle and hemmed the two pieces and re hand sewed the sleeve back down.  Then I put the hanger thingy directly on the metal rod.  Otherwise, the black hanger thingy would have shown.  Not exactly fool-proof...
All in all, an interesting afternoon.



1 comment:

Sally J said...

Never heard of a Hang It Dang It, but I think I need one. The quilt is lovely.