Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Sunday in June

This is the view of our back yard from the upper patio.  The hostas are looking very fine these days thanks to Bob and his green thumb.  We brought most of them from our old house when we moved here.  If the rabbits and deer don't eat them they look amazing!
It was a nice Sunday.  The weather was perfect! This weekend was the IowaArt Fest in Iowa City.  Bob and I went yesterday.  We picked up a pottery piece for Lauren and went back today to get another (didn't have enough cash yesterday).  

I made ice cream with the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker.  How easy is this?  I keep the container in the freezer so that when I mix up the recipe, its always ready to start mixing and freezing.  This time I made Cinnamon frozen yogurt with chopped up Heath bars...Oh My! Got the recipe from the Penzy's Spice catalog that comes in the mail.  Pretty tasty.  

I also made grilled pizza from the catalog.  Look on the recipe page for the recipe.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it!

No comments: