Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Kitchen Gadget!!

Got a new kitchen gadget!  Friends Jackie and Jeannie picked up this 3-pop maker at Williams-Sonoma for me last weekend.  First, you have to put the base in the freezer for 24 hours, then you're ready to go.  There were several recipes in the Hy-Vee Seasons magazine, so I sort of tried one of them.  I say 'sort of' because I never really have all the ingredients and have to wing it.

As usual, there is a learning curve...My first ones were pretty weird looking because my mixture was pretty thick and it was hard to pour a thin enough stream into the pop maker. Plus it sort of spilled all over and instantly froze!  My advice: stick with simple thin juice mixture to start with. But do try different recipes!  I found one for a watermelon pop that sounds divine at yumkid.com! I'll be trying it this weekend!

I should mention that this little freezer thingy stays COLD for quite a while, so you can crank out 2-3 rounds,if you have a lot of mix.  It sets in about 5-7 minutes the first round. By the third, it will take a little longer.  Its a great treat on a summer day!


No comments: