Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fun With My Embroidery Machine!

Well, here's what I did this weekend.  I found a fun website Five Star Fonts while on Facebook.  They had some very cute projects that were done completely in the hoop...including zippers!!  The top project, in the picture, is a zippered bag for my kindle (with a pocket). The bottom one, with the key, has a little pocket in the back that holds a driver's license and credit card. And the bottom right is a zippered glasses case with a pocket. I just used fabric from my stash.  It always takes longer the first time, but it went very smoothly.  The directions were great with pictures every step of the way.

It all started when I 'liked' Five Star Fonts on Facebook.  When you do that, you can get a free 'in the hoop' design.  So I made that one first, and then I had to do more.  I guess I'm an embroidery 'junkie'. Here is the free design I did. The lighting is too bright and it is hard to see there is a zipper going down the center.

  Fun way to spend a hot Sunday afternoon!!

No comments: