Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Cookies...Done!

 Lauren and I were making Christmas cookies last night.  Sugar cookies and gingerbread.  I cut both recipes in half because I didn't want to mess with ,what feels like, thousands. But, it was fun and we got the giggles, as usual. At some point, you get REAL tired of rolling and cutting dough.  As you can see below, the last ones are ...interesting.
So, this afternoon I decorated them.  Also one of those activities that you just want to end...Lauren didn't get to help.  She was 'recovering' from having some dental work done this morning. Not in a decorating mood.
I used the Wilton tubes of icing.  They are tasty and my icing tips fit on the tubes...yay!! This gingerbread recipe is from Martha Stewart.  Lots of spices, the way I like them. The sugar cookie recipe is from my Bette Crocker's Cooky Book. It is my all-time favorite cooky book!  My original copy is in pieces, so I latched on to my mother's copy (since she doesn't cook any more.). The recipe is called, 'Mary's Sugar Cookies'.

So, we are ready for Christmas.

1 comment:

Sally J said...

I'm so glad to hear that the tips fit on the tubes. I'm going to decorate more cookies today! Merry Christmas