Thursday, December 20, 2012

SNOW DAY!!!!

FINALLY!!!!! We are having snow!!  Now, granted, its not as much as they said but it is still snow.  Moisture you can see! For the last several days all the news feeds have been harping about this blizzard.  Geesh, its Christmas...we want snow!  (I can safely be smug about this because Lauren arrived home from Beloit on Tuesday..)

This is the view from our front door.  It almost looks like it is a black and white photo, but that is the actual 'color' of the outside...gray tones. I tried to take one with snow blowing, that's why its seems blurry in the middle. The next two shots are what we see from the back 4/season porch.  The wind is howling and the snow is blowing.  Last evening, we had several incidences of 'thunder snow'!! I saw on the news this morning that a home in North Liberty was struck by Lightening!! Iowa...where weather is always news!
The next shot is of our Christmas tree because I didn't have it decorated when I took shots of my holiday decor.  Besides, the blog needed a little color.
By the way, my Gourmet luncheon was a success, I guess.  They all left full, anyway.  The menu was a little more involved that I had envisioned.  Thank God there were 9 people working to get it done.  We also had a gift exchange.  All in all it was a fun day!

No comments: