Thursday, May 3, 2012

They're Baaack........

It's Spring, and with it comes the toads.  Every year we have one living in our birdhouse on the upper patio.  Can you see his little head sticking out of the birdhouse opening? As I am writing this I can still see the little guy.  I guess he's waiting for some unsuspecting bug to flit by.

By the way, this little guy and all his friends are incredibly noisy!!!  Last night was especially bad because it was warm and very humid...prime mating  conditions, evidently.  I wanted to yell out the window  or make some kind of loud noise to scare them silent.  But I'm sure the neighbors would be calling the authorities...

We are also excited to see Mr. and Mrs. Wren return!  These little folks are back to build a nest in the gourd birdhouses we have on the patio below. They are so cute and tiny.  But talk about LOUD...Quiet does not describe our home in the spring...

No comments: