Saturday, May 26, 2012

Been Busy, I guess.

Sorry for the delay in posts.  I guess I've been busy.  In fact, I must have been dreaming about posting because I could have sworn I already talked about painting Lauren's room.  Well, as my mother a ALWAYS reminds me: Its hell to get old.

So, we painted Lauren's room.  Got the couch moved out and moved the repainted vanity in the room and gave her a chest of draws that I emptied of all my doilies, blankets and odds and ends.
oddly enough, the chest of draws remains empty....go figure.  Its killing me to not go into her room and just arrange everything.... Oh, here's a picture of the painted vanity.

It was black and I repainted a light grey.  It turned out OK, but it convinced me that I need to improve my wood painting skills!  This is all probably due to being a Pinterest follower.  I saw all these lovely redos and thought, How hard can this be?  Well, surprise, surprise, it was...In fact, I got so tired of doing it that I didn't even finish the mirror part.  Just stuck the black mirror back on to the vanity. How sad is that?!? So now I have signed up for a class in Des Moines in June to learn more about painting furniture using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (which I DID NOT do on the piece above). Hope I am wowed and amazed...

No comments: