Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tulips and Quilts

Aren't these sweet? These were planted last fall after Peg's son Patrick and his fiance's wedding. They gave tulip bulbs to all their guest! I forgot all about them and was surprised to see 2 tulips in the front yard...uneaten by rabbits or deer! Thanks Kayley and Patrick!
We've had some lovely weather here the last few days.  But even as I write this, it is about 70 degrees here and a snow/rain mix in far northwest Iowa.  Tomorrow is supposed to be only in the 40s.
This last Sunday Bob and I drove to Beloit, WI to see Lauren in her Wind Ensemble Concert.  They had a guest trumpeter and it was very good.  We don't often get to her concerts, so this was nice.
She will be home in two weeks.  She will be done before that but I guess she wants to hang around on senior week. Then she is home for 2 weeks, then off to Wyoming and Beloit for 5 weeks for a Geology thing since that is her major.
I finished my Hanging Garden quilt.  I hung it this afternoon. This time, I put the sleeve a little lower from the top of the quilt.  I think it hangs nicer.  Unfortunately, I had to hand stitch the entire sleeve...ugh. But, it looks a little lighter, summerier (is that  word?) than the red quilt that was there. I had to wash the quilt before I put it on the wall. As I was sewing. I pricked my finger with the needle but didn't realize I was bleeding on the quilt!! Oh well, I like quilts that don't look perfect...

1 comment:

princessquiltandknitalot said...

The Hanging Garden quilt looks great against that wall! Beautiful!