Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Another Barn Scene

Well, I've been busy in my sewing room the last several days.  Now that its all rearranged, its a joy to be down there! I'd really like to work on something of mine, now.

I've been working on a barn scene for a quilt called, Homestead by Quilters Clutter. I had made this top piece two other times for Common Threads Quilt Shop. In late January, I was 'commissioned' to do the top of the quilt again. And now I'm finally getting around to it! Its a lot of Steam-a-seam and satin stitching! The person who is having me do it will make the rest of the quilt. Here is a  shot of the piece as I was working it and then the last one is the finished product.

Sorry, it is hard to get the total picture since it is so long and I don't have a panoramic shot on my camera.

In other news, Lauren comes home this weekend...yay!! She was actually done with finals yesterday, but she and some friends are staying for Senior Week (even though they aren't..seniors, that is).I think its an excuse to hang out together with nothing to do, for a change.  Anyway, we will be glad to see her!!  She'll only be home a couple of weeks then she will be off to Wyoming for a Geology Field Course with Beloit for 5 weeks. Then back to Beloit in August.  Kind of a short summer....But we'll take what we can get.

No comments: