Monday, March 25, 2013

Sewing Room Reveal!

Remember this....?


Now it looks like this...
 So much better!! Bob got some stackable shelving from Menard's that we put under the cutting table on three sides. On the side opposite of my cutting board, I have set up my computer area. I think I will (Bob, that is..) put up more peg board for my rulers and rotary cutters. I am putting fabric in the cubbies on the cutting board side. I also turned my sewing machine cabinet so I could use the table extension so it is easier to quilt on.  Plus, I can put my serger on it when I want to use it (which isn't often enough..)
 I also turned the table with the embroidery machine around. It now lines up with the sewing machine. I also put a 2-drawer storage container (because I took off the first drawer) under the embroidery machine to store attachments, etc. for that machine. I also put 2 three-draw storage units with fabric scraps and wool scraps under the extension table of the big sewing cabinet.
I was able to eliminate one small chest of draws from the room,  2 rickety metal shelf thingys from under the cutting table, and clear off the top of the oak book shelves. I won't show you the pile of fabric that was eliminated.....trust me, it was a lot.
This spring (whenever THAT is) we will paint.  I also want to switch my design area to cover the wall with the circuit breaker box. But, until then....if you want me, I'll be down stairs sewing!

1 comment:

Sally J said...

WOW! It's fantastic. I want one too.