Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Decorating Time!

I don't know why, but every year, about this time, I get the urge to rearrange stuff.  I guess it has to do with finally getting the Christmas stuff packed away and seeing the house back to 'normal'.
Over the holidays, I put a quilt out that was red and white.  My grandmother, my father's mother, made it. The pattern is called 'Drunkard's Path'.  I thought it might look sweet on the big wall behind Bob's computer...
I think I may have to put a sleeve on the back and put it on a longer hold, but otherwise, I like the look! Here's what was on the wall before...
I also bought 2 sweet little framed tapestries from Sister's Garden on the way to Kalona. I love the subtle colors in them.  They are sooo small!

I put them on the back splash in the kitchen.  But they are so small, so I tried to 'beef up' the spot with a tray I got from Ben Franklin's in Iowa City.
I don't know...Its not grabbing me, but I'm not willing to give up yet...On to the Dining area..
I decided I wanted a large clock in this area because I was tired of squinting at all the microwave and oven clocks just to get the time. So Deb and I found this one at TJMaxx. That seems large enough!
I also hung the cardinal picture I made at last year's Sew-In on the back wall of the dining area.  It reminds me of a winter scene...
And, finally, in our bedroom, I found a rug at TJMaxx that I loved.  I wish it were bigger, but its not so I put it where I felt it needed to be...
I think it especially compliments the dust...don't you? ( Geesh, you'd think I would clean up before I started snapping photos!)

2 comments:

Sally J said...

Come do over my house. I love the clock and the rug. I guess I'm off to TJ Max.

Sally J said...

Come do over my house. I love the clock and the rug. I guess I'm off to TJ Max.