Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Knitting and Quilting In Door

Time for the annual quilt and knit retreat in Door County, WI!!!  It's a week of 'girl time' and fun.  I actually got a pair of sox knit and worked on a quilt that I've had a hard time motivating myself to finish.  I didn't quite get it done, but it only requires about two more rows and then I can quilt it!  WHOO HOO!!

In the above photo we are at Fred and Fuzzy's, a great restaurant in Sister Bay on the shore of Lake Michigan.  The weather was perfect and the food was yummy.

Believing that it is 5 o'clock somewhere, we managed to keep our spirits up and our glasses full.  Below, we are enjoying a Cosmopolitan at the cabin.

Jackie finished piecing a small coffee quilt, below.
And, finally, Sonja demos how we kind of 'let ourselves go' while in Door...
(that's actually roving in her sleeve..hee hee).  I'm already looking forward to next year....

1 comment:

princessquiltandknitalot said...

I just spit out water laughing at the let ourselves go! What a fun time!