Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Decorations

Its time for autumn decorations!! Man, where did the summer go??  So Thursday I was in Iowa City  and stopped at Ben Franklin .  They have a great supply of holiday decorations, whatever the season.  The fall fake flower stuff was 30% off, so that's what got me started.  Of course, by the time I got home and started putting it out, I realized I should have gotten more than I did.  Oh, well....Above is the mantel.  I really didn't want to change anything, so I just stuck in a little extra but kept the basic arrangement.
 This lantern was also at Ben Franklin's.  It is the perfect blue for the living room! And the squirrel and acorns were just too cute to pass up.  Below, is the usual scene of pumpkins and gourds I put up there every year.  I added another lantern from Ben F. only black this time.
 I struggled with this arrangement in the front entry.  I liked what was there but needed to make it look more autumnal.  So then I struggled with making a flower arrangement in a cement pot.  I STILL don't really like it, but so what....I'll enter through the garage..
 I finished the chest of drawers in the front guest bedroom.  I used Annie Sloan Old White and Antoinette.  I think it turned out well.  Very sweet.  Now I have to work at putting the room back together, so naturally nothing is working...
 I decided the bedside tables were too big of a scale for the 'look' in the room.  So I found this little guy at Kit and Caboodle, a second hand shop in Coralville.  I haven't decided if I'm going to repaint it or not.
 Next, I moved the little blue table I painted into the bedroom.  Now the room is starting to look like a fricking rainbow!!  Notice the lamp?  It used to be yellow and I painted it with Annie Sloan Antoinette.
Well, its a work in progress, I guess.  I'll keep you posted.