Saturday, September 15, 2012

Happy Anniversary!!

 It was a busy week in Strugland!  Bob and I celebrated our Twentieth Wedding Anniversary!! Wow, who'd a thunk it? The flowers are from Bob.  He brought them home with some Hy-Vee chicken...this is a man who knows me!!  We also celebrated Bob's 65th birthday...Medicare, here he comes!

Yesterday my friend, Deb, and I traipsed all over town to check out Friday garage sales.  I didn't do so hot, but Deb snagged a couple of great buys.  I passed up a old chandelier that I will probably regret, but that's life. (Couldn't think of where I'd put it, but when has that ever stopped me?)

Every evening this week I have been watching IPTV's Great Performances.  They have been broadcasting Wagner's Ring Cycle. Tuesday evening was Rheingold, Wednesday was Die Walkure, Thursday was Siegfried and Friday was Gotterdammerung. They were spectacular!

Today, I started painting the chest of drawers in the front bedroom.  I started with the draws.  I will paint it old white with pink drawers.  I've already painted the mirror and Longeberger Basket in that room (you don't see that in this picture), and they turned out well.

Here are the drawers with the first coat of Annie Sloan Old White. I'll let them sit overnight and then put on the pink (Annie Sloan Antoinette) tomorrow.
I also painted a couple of picture frames that I've had forever.  They are 1940 era blue frames with matching ugly pictures.  But I used Duck Egg Blue and and they started to look better. Below, they have the first coat. I added Old White with a dry brush and a touch of gold wax in the center.
Here are the finished pair on the wall in the front entry by the bathroom.  I kinda like them! Just weird enough to be cool...
Bob is putting in new toilets in the guest bathroom and in the lower level bathroom.  They are taller...for all us old geezers! Busy busy, busy!!





1 comment:

princessquiltandknitalot said...

Love the way the frames turned out! Happy anniversary!