Friday, July 13, 2012

More Refinishing...

Here's a chair I bought in Johnston when I was in Des Moines for my painting class.  It was very yellow with yellow velvet upholstery. I finally got around to painting it.  I started out by painting it in 2 coats of Old Ochre. But then it seemed that everything was coming out the same color...
So I changed my mind and applied 2 coats of Paris Grey and light and dark wax.  Much more like what I had in mind...
Now, I just have to decide on what fabric to use to cover the seat and then the sewing :( .....

This last week I had a nasty cold.  It started out as just an odd feeling, and by Sunday I was feeling pretty punky. So it took me a while to get my chair worked on.  But, I forged ahead, and got the job done.  I'm waiting now to get fabric swatches.  I'm kind of nervous... I have to make cording and staple the fabric to the seat board.  Oh, well.  One step at a time..I'll let you know when its done.

No comments: