Monday, April 21, 2008

SorryI haven't posted anything for a while. Time seems to just slip away so quickly... I have continued on with my two socks on two circulars. Its all making sense,now. Although,I'm not sure I can start one without the pictures. This weekend, i found a book called, "2-At-A-Time Socks", Melissa Morgan-Oakes. This one reveals how to knit 2 at one time on one circular. I guess I'll give that a shot next.

I'm also making great progress with a shell that I'm making. Its Knitting Pure & Simple pattern#997. I'm using Cascade Sierra. The interesting thing I have gotten from this pattern is that it instructs you to knit with one size and purl with a smaller to maintain you gauge. It seems to be working. My gauge, when I purl, is significantly looser than my knit stitch.

I will try to post some pictures of my projects.

The weather here has really turned nice. Yesterday, Sunday, was beautiful. Today promises to be just as lovely. Too bad I will be working... I'm in the mood to plant, which isn't always the best. I tend to have all these potted plants and then ignore them. Not the most healthy environment for plants...

I baked the No-Knead bread recipe over the weekend. It takes 24 hours, but most of the time is just the bread sitting around and S-L-O-W-L-Y rising. My family liked it, but I want to try a similar recipe that I got about a year ago and see if it is any different.

Gotta go. More soo. I'll try to get some pictures.

No comments: