Sunday, April 13, 2008

Knitting frustration

Well, while I waited for my daughter to perform in the music competition, I visited a knit shop. I found the book, "Knitting Circles Around Socks" by Antje Gillingham. I purchased some Cascade Fixation and a 16" US4 and a 24" US4. After my daughter's quartet performed (they got a ONE rating...the best!!!), I sat in my car trying to figure out how to knit two socks on 2 needles at the same time. It didn't go well. So this morning (Sunday) I sat at the kitchen table and started again. Following directions and pictures to a T...I thought. But still, after the first row on the 16" needles, the peice did not look the same as the book...I'm frustrated. It doesn't feel right as I knit, like I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT FOR ME???

I actually started knitting socks using the magic loop method and then started using 3 double pointed needles (which I prefer), so its not like I don't know how a sock goes...I will try again. Then I must go to my mom's and visit with her for a while. Sun is finally shining here. Its about time! Now if we could just have some warmer temperatures...

No comments: