Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving And Other Things

Lauren made a new friend on Thanksgiving!  We spent it with my nephew Mike and his family in New Melle, Missouri. They had lots of kitties!! They also had Chickens!
  But best of all, we got to see my brother's and their families! (And eat lots of great food!)
Above, is my brother David and my great nephew, Lance taking pictures of the spread. Everyone had a wonderful time!
Just one question, if I'm the youngest of my siblings, why do I have the most white hair?!?

I've been trying to finish up some quilt projects since we got home.  I have been doing the Block of the Month at Common Threads Quilt Shop.  I finished it up yesterday.  Tomorrow is 'show and tell' at the shop.
Its called Snow Days.  Lots of pinwheels and lots of buttons.  I also finished up a past BOM that had Christmas stockings on it.
This picture shows it with the embellishments. I finally got the buttons and beads on it.  I HATE EMBELLISHING!!!  What a pain..Good thing its cute!

I'm still knitting away on some socks that seem to be going on FOREVER!  Even two at a time they are taking forever! Hoping to get the Christmas tree up this weekend, but I'm not making any promises....