Friday, December 27, 2013

A Relaxing Christmas


 We had a pretty relaxing Christmas this year.  There was nowhere that we needed to be and no one else but the three of us.  It was pretty nice! Christmas Eve I used my new Ronco Rotisserie and made shrimp.  Pretty tasty!
 It's my latest kitchen gadget.  It is an electric rotisserie unit that stores away when not in use.  And it actually works!  I first saw it used at our last Gourmet Luncheon.   Donna prepared our pork roast on it.  So Jackie and I had to run out the next day to Kmart and get one.  I cooked a beef rib-eye roast for Christmas day and it was lovely!
I also started a jigsaw puzzle on Christmas Eve.  I love those darn things!  Its hard for me to stop once I start working them, so I don't know that it was the best move, but, no one was coming over, so why not?
  I finished it on Thursday night.  And, of course, two pieces are missing!!  My guess is that they are somewhere under a piece of furniture and will be found when we least expect it!

Even our gift-giving was pretty 'low key'.  Just about everything was 'homemade' or handmade by someone. I didn't do any frantic Christmas shopping.  Some of the items I picked out over the summer. Some I have been making for a while.

Lauren finally received her High School Graduation Quilt for Christmas! She graduated in 2011.  Yes, that's how long I have been trying to get this quilt finished!!  I like the finished product, but I hated making it.  It was a Kaffe Fausset pattern from one of his books. So everything was done using templates!! ( I like templates about as much as I like embellishing...) And, Lauren had picked out the fabric and there was no 'theme' that I could see, so that kind of drove me crazy.  But the final product is quite sweet.
And pretty big for a lap size quilt!  But she loved it!

I also gave her 2 pair of knee-high socks that I knit.  Lauren always appreciates AND wears the socks I make for her, but a girl can use only so many socks, right?  So, she jokingly suggested that I make her  some 'intimate wear'.  So I combed through Ravelry till I came up with this.
  

A thong!!  Not my cup of tea, but she wanted it, so I knit it.  It didn't take long, except for when I started over three times.   I used Diversity Sock yarn by Plymouth Yarn. Its acrylic and nylon,  no wool. Very soft and stretchy, machine washable and tumble dry. Now I have to make a matching bra top!  We'll see how she feels about it after she wears it.  I may be starting down a new path..no more socks, just underwear!

Hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas , too!




2 comments:

princessquiltandknitalot said...

What a hoot! Now I've seen it all in the knitting world!

Sally J said...

Oh my gosh the thong is cracking my up. Who knew? Did she say that it's comfy? Happy New Year!