Thursday, June 13, 2013

Blog 'Catch-Up' Time...

Its been a while since my last confession  entry.  Lauren is in Wyoming and having a wonderful time!  Who knew she would be the great outdoors person? They have been camping every night and up at the crack of dawn.  Hiking trails and 'mapping'..whatever that entails.  They have seen The Badlands, Mt Rushmore, The Black Hills, Devils Tower, northern Bighorn Mountains, Crazy Woman Canyon, Sheep Mountain, Thermopolis Hot Springs and Sinks Canyon. Saturday they will set up camp in the Seminoe Mountains and stay there a week. They return to Beloit by June 23.  AMAZING!! She will have another week at Beloit to finish up the class and should be back home on July 2.  Can't wait to see all the pictures.

She has been able to call  a couple of times, always tired from the day but exited about what they have been doing.  The weather has been quite warm the last couple of days during the day, but it cools down at night. And they don't have any humidity so I'm sure it isn't as bad as what we have had here in the last day or so!

Yesterday was my birthday...I'm trying to decide if I will officially just stop celebrating them or what.  The numbers are just too discouraging!!  Guess I should just be glad I am still celebrating them..eh?

Tomorrow, my friend Pat will be here for an overnight.  We worked together at the VA in Des Moines many moons ago.  We ALWAYS had a great time together and managed to stay out of trouble most of the time. It will be so much fun to see her!

I feel like I should have a picture here..
Still loving my kitchen counter and backsplash!!

No comments: