Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Making Martinis

Here is my first martini!  We got a recipe booklet in the mail from Hy-Vee with nothing but cocktail recipes.  So I decided to invest in a few bar basics: shaker, strainer, martini glasses. I followed the recipe except I used gin instead of vodka.  Shaken, not stirred.  Delicious!! I also made the Old Fashion...pretty darn tasty! I could really get into the cocktail hour, I guess.  But, maybe not something I should do on a daily basis....

FURNITURE REDO....cont'd.

 Here's my first coat of paint on the writing desk.  It is upside down and I am using French Linen, first.
 The unpainted portion shows the repair work that Bob did to the legs. Lots of wood putty later.....
This one had 1/2 of the foot missing, so Bob sculpted a new one!  What a guy!!  Now I'm painting this puppy...hope it holds together!! I need to put on another coat on this side then turn it over and paint the top. To be continued....

1 comment:

Sally J said...

And all I do is open a bottle of wine. I'm coming to your house next time I'm in town!