Saturday, February 18, 2012

Small Changes

It is the small changes that seem to make me happy.  Those things that are in the house, but you are tired of looking at them so you change it up a little. Thus, it is with three spots in my home.  I didn't take a 'before', so you won't see the change but, trust me, it is better.

It all started with the laundry 'space'. ( I can't call it a room, because it isn't.  But I won't call it a 'closet' even though it is.) There is a large wall in the area that has bugged me since we moved.  I never knew what to do with it. The space is too narrow to make it functional, but it needed to feel more like a space with a purpose.

One day I got a Ballard Designs catalog in the mail.  In it were some adorable wall art things for the laundry room.  So, I told Santa that's what I wanted for Christmas.  Lauren, I mean Santa, ordered the items plus a picture.  I had the pictures framed at Hudson River Gallery and hung them yesterday. I love it!!  I also have an antique pair of sock stretchers I found at the Rug Cottage.


Last weekend I changed a spot in the dinning area.  It is a corner off by itself and is a catchall for everyone to deposit whatever they want as they come in from the garage. For Bob it is keys, watch, phone, etc., plus he deposits everything that he might take with him as he exits the house.  What a mess!  So this picture is as I hope it will always look, but i realize its just a dream....

The third area is my own little nightmare.  It is the table next to my 'knitting' spot.  Its also my computer spot and tv spot. It accumulates A LOT of STUFF, and its mostly mine.  I had a lamp on it that I thought I broke last weekend, but it just needed to be adjusted.  But in the mean time, I purchased an Ott Light floor lamp that has been a God-send for my knitting.  Problem is, the table had no lamp, no focal point.  So, today I decided to embrace the knitting-ness of the area.
Oh, ok, it is still a work in progress.  But it has direction, now....

No comments: