Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sewing at the SEW-IN

Thursday, Friday and Saturday I spent at the South Slope Community Center.  Thursday was Common Thread's Party With Patrick  project and Friday and Saturday was Common Threads Annual Sew-In. What a great time for sewing, seeing old friends, and meeting new ones! A big thanks to Peg and her sisters, Ann and Jean.  They worked really hard and made some great meals for us! (Especially loved the Karate Salad!)

Here's one of my "Peeps" with here finished quilt top!  Way to go, Jackie!  She was really cranking out the projects. She also finished this sweet top, after a few redesigns...
Jessica was another of my 'Peeps".  She was working on a Buggy Barn creation.  LOTS and LOTS of cutting.  But it will be fabulous when she's done.  Hope we get to see it next year!

I Taught the Party With Patrick on Thursday.  We made two sweet mug rugs for Valentine's Day. Then on Friday I completed the autumn poster quilt I am holding in the picture above. On Saturday I worked on a small quilt with a picture of a cardinal on it.

Also, it was great to see Sally visiting from Kentucky.  I so enjoy reading her blog, "Less Is More". Friend Carol joined us this year also. After a slow start with her sewing machine, she finally found her rhythm. Glad she could join us.

All in all, it was a great Sew-In!  Thanks, Peg!!

No comments: