Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cool, Crisp Morning

I guess Fall is officially here. The morning is cool and crisp. I need to go for a walk in the woods...or at least on the trail behind our house.


Had a great weekend. Worked a couple of hours at the quilt shop on Saturday. Worked on the New York Beauty quilt at home. Gosh, that quilt just goes on forever! I hope I can finish it in my lifetime!

Saturday evening was the Homecoming dance for daughter's school. They had a great time.

Sunday, dear daughter and I went to Des Moines Civic Center with my brother and sister-in-law to see Wicked! Had a very enjoyable day! The show was staged beautifully, but I did not come away from it wanting more. Sorry to say, but it just didn't do much for me. From all the hype, I expected to be awe-struck, but wasn't.

After the show, we went to Jordan Creek Mall and did a little shopping. Ate dinner at Pangs(?) Chinese restaurant. Very tasty! Finally got back home at 9:30.

Get this, my dear hubby had cleaned the carpets on the first floor while we were gone! What an angel!

Last night, as I watched House and Lie To Me, I worked on the cable vest for my daughter. I am making good progress. It should be done before she graduates...from college! Why do I even start this stuff? It takes for ever...

More soon.

No comments: