Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Evolving Living Space

I know it looks like its the same, but it isn't.  I ditched the pillows that came with the sectional and found cream ones instead.  I finished painting the legs and trim on the coffee table to Annie Sloan Graphite, like the buffet. Its so much nicer. I realized that the room was evolving into a cream and gray theme.  It kind of frees me up to bring in lots of textures and worry less about colors.

Found a sweet little chair at TJ Maxx!  Wish there were two..
 Found a wonderful piece at the Artfest over the weekend!  Lauren and I had gone on Friday afternoon.  We went to Chait Gallery and my friend, Beppie Weiss, was the featured artist that afternoon! I fell in love with her Iowa countrysides, done in pastels.  So now I want some more pieces from regional artists of iconic Iowa scenes, I think.
Above, are the two chairs from Little Red School House/ Distinctions in Independence.  I found a metal table at Revisit to put between them.

Above are two shots from the bedroom.  Can't remember what I shared, so here it is.
 
Finally, here is the chair I bought a couple of years ago.  It was one of the first things I painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!  But I never got it recovered, until now.  I finally admitted that I just couldn't do the job as well as a professional, so I used Regeneration Factory..  She did a fabulous job!

Well, that's it for now. I'll keep you posted!
 

No comments: