Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Watch Those Dryer Sheets!!!!

Well, I don't usually blog twice in one day, but I'm making an exception to make a public service announcement.  Watch where those rogue dryer sheets end up!!!
This pile was pulled out from under our dryer!  This afternoon, Bob and I were both smelling something like diesel or gas odor.  We thought it was coming from the construction site next door, but it just kept hanging on and not going away! Finally, we checked the dryer.  I always clean my lint screen and wash it every six months or so to get rid of the dryer sheet build up.  But we were thinking we had a leak in the dryer hook-up or something.  So Bob climbed on the dryer and looked behind it with a flashlight.  He pulled out a couple of dryer sheets and a sock or two, but nothing major. Then he looked UNDER the dryer with the flashlight.  OH MY!! We used one of those 'grabbers' that old folks have to reach something on a high shelf. (It was my dad's). He just kept pulling out dryer sheets and giant dust bunnies...YUCK!  I guess about 7 years worth.

Our washer and dryer are in a rather tight space, so thorough cleaning under and all around isn't a common occurrence.  But, I think its time we start, don't you? Evidently, the sheets and dust bunnies finally piled up and blocked some kind of air exchange...Yikes!!

You're welcome.

1 comment:

princessquiltandknitalot said...

Wow! I am going to check my dryer now!