Thursday, January 30, 2014

Something's Weird

I am having an awful time trying to write a post on my blog!  I usually use my little tablet/computer that is upstairs, but for some reason, it refuses to give me access to the window to post on Blogger.  Weird.  And, because I am not ten years old, I am unable to come up with the technical answer to the problem.  So, I am using the laptop in my sewing room.  I hope I can get the photos I wanted to show you.  But, again, I am not ten....So here goes.

I have been on a 'wool stitching' tangent these last few days.  On a recent trip to The Woolen Needle, I purchased a quilt kit, Jaeleen's Garden.  It looks like a ten-year project, if you know what I mean.  But it is stunning!
  And in my enthusiasm, I picked up a couple of other kits thinking I would practice embroidery stitches first before I begin the quilt.  When all of this got to my sewing room, I discovered MANY more kits that I have purchased 'to practice my embroidery' and promptly tucked away.  I even found one that I had started a few years ago and now I can't find the pattern. SOOOO, I made it my mission to finish all these 'practice' kits before I can begin on Jaeleen's Garden.  And that's what I have been doing this week.  The weather has been very cooperative, in that it has been nasty and very cold.  So I have been stitching away....


 I'm still stitching a table runner that has a cardinal sitting on a pine bough (of all things!), and you can see in the next photo what is happening to my thumb...
So I'll keep you up to date on my progress.  So much to do...so little time. So much pain.

2 comments:

Sally J said...

Well, you know what they say "no pain, no gain" I'm nursing a stiff middle finger from all my knitting. I think it's trying to tell me more than one thing. I LOVE that quilt. Did you finish your Swoon?

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha!