Saturday, November 9, 2013

So Behind ...


Yikes!! I am so behind in my blogging!!  I haven't been reading or writing.  What's going on here?  I'm not even sure I have any pictures to share. I may have to take some before the day is over..how sad.

I'll start with Mr. Bob.  He had cataract surgery on both eyes in the last two weeks of October.  He's doing exceptionally well!  He couldn't be happier. He went from having very poor vision since FOREVER and always wearing glasses the minute he woke up to NO glasses except for reading.  WOW...
Before

After

Lauren was home in early October for mid-term break.  But, first, she went camping in the Upper Peninsula of  Michigan with her Geology class.  She had a great time, but it was a little nippy!

David and Marcia were here at the same time because it was time for some of his more extensive heart tests.  Everything is going well for him.  We are all so thankful.  Hard to believe its been 2 1/2 years since his heart transplant!

That same weekend, I went to Des Moines to participate in a surprise birthday party for my friend Pat F.  I used to work with Pat at the VA in Des Moines.  It was wonderful to see so many friends from the VA.  I hope we can get together again soon!

Birthday girl

I've been knitting , sewing and painting these last few weeks.  Of course, I haven't taken any pictures.  I promise I will try to get some taken of the finished projects.  There is a nip in the air and the holidays are just around the corner. Hope I can finish some of them for Christmas! 

No comments: